Friday, February 27, 2015

Reverend Father Asked me “Olisa, is sex important in a relationship”



Reverend Father Richard Asked me “Olisa, is sex important in a relationship”

Fr. Richard and I are pretty close and it has given me the opportunity to have a parallel relationship void of the intricacies associated with reverend father and parishioner. Most times, the relationship between Father and parishioner is built around his soutane; without a penetration to his real personality. So, their conversations, is usually around religion and issues of the church. A real friendship is most times never developed. I perceive that this is purposely done by the Father to perhaps give him more focus on the most essential - the flock - without any special preference. Well somehow, Father Richard and I contradict those rules, if there are rules, we gist like just normal people.







So if babe call me, I fit talk "I love you too dear" in front of Father Richard. Na him one day, him come ask me:

"Olisa, is sex important in a relationship?"

Na him I smile, "fada, wetin you wan use this info do"


He smiled and continued. "Yes I know it is important for many reasons in marriage. But for young people not ready for marriage, is it really important because wetin I dey see for confession no funny o"

Omo if you see as I burst laughter eh.
Him self laugh join.



I perceived the depth of his question regardless of how faint I tried to paint it with my laugh; yet I understood why he asked me. He knows I don't mince words - I can be blunt and arrogantly blunt sometimes. I knew that was why he asked me.

My response:
Father, make I no lie. Marriage or not. With the elimination of sin (mortal sin) attached to it or the 
spiritual consequence that may be incurred,
especially for the unmarried, sex in whatever sort is relationship is beautiful.
In short father, make I no even talk about married people sef.
If I get babe and we have sex, the tendency for me to bond better with her is higher than babe way we no dey do anything.
Again father, this is even heightened if I'm in that relationship because I love her and want to be with her and not the sole purpose of sex.


 Even sef father, if she lost her virginity to me, the bond go be super glue. Inshort father, if the sex is very good, the possibility for me to even have sex with her if she is in another relationship or married sef dey high o.





This is the unbridled truth Father.

Omo father, na why people way really love themselves and are sexually active will most likely keep coming for confession especially if they are in the same environment o.



He smiled, then said "I understand better now. But come o, Olisa, you never do confession for my hand. You this boy......"

"Omo fado, that one be say na everyday I go dey do confession because mehn......."

We drifted towards other issues.



Later that day, it occured to me that the Church (catholic) hasn't paid close attention to the teaching of Sex, especially to young people. Everybody just dey 'collect' up and down.

Negative influence keeps growing but I think the church is still stiff and behind using only biblical commandments and short-timed homily that poorly exaggerate these as injunctions to discourage unmarried people from sex.


The Church is either closing a blind eye and ignoring to deal with the reality of sex or they are ill-informed on how well to deal with it. Its effect on the church is very glaring; negatively glaring. Sadly, it is slipping into all crevices of the church. These, have put the church on the negative spotlight of the media in recent times.



The number of young people on a queue to receive holy communion grows thin. The queue for confession, thinner; yet sex is heightened in geometric proportions. We just dey 'collect' like say tomoro no dey.

I hope grace continues to abound becaue me sef I need am gaan.

@olis123kel
Donlismedia@gmail.com
Olisakevin.blogspot.com

n/b: If you like thief this article, I go sue. Me sef I dey fine money seriously.

8 comments:

jane said...

I like this.

ugo said...

This is amazing. Olisa is this real or fiction. No lie

Unknown said...

Olisa, you don come again oooo....even me sef dey guilty of this matter.
I agree that the church should try to lay some emphasis on pre-marital sex, bcos it seems a lot of youths havent got a true picture of things as they are.

Ok said...

Nice to see that we share similar opinion. Father talk say na so so 'fornication' young people dey come confess.
It is serious and the church hasn't really done much to cushion the effect.

Ok said...

Ugo na real o.

Ok said...

Thanks Jane

Abimbola said...

For practical theory, imagine say you go market say you wan buy goat wey dey bleat do sacrifice, the seller com tell you say, "Oga no worry, my goat dey bleat well well"
Even the goat sef dey nod head in agreement. You come carry goat teach house, oya bleat na, goat no gree, na head the stubborn thing just dey nod. Sacrifice never spoil?
Which brings me to the topic, you gotta to test the quality of the product wey you wan buy make you no come discover say na one chance you enter on your wedding night.
I once dated a lady and I would have to pray really hard for her to gree make I reach promise land anytime wey we wan do something. Ashe go just dey tell me make I wait till after our marriage when she go dey give me anytime anyhow. Shockingly, she gave me the same thing anytime and anyhow the day I caught her with another man... See guilty conscience.
My take... TEST THE PRODUCT WEY YOU WAN BUY... WELL WELL.

Ok said...

Loooooool. This must be the most hilarious yet most well succinctly put comment ever. Product must be tested abi?

I guess another topic has come up.
Thank bim.
I still dey laugh for here